Wednesday, August 31, 2011

5 Weeks Down- 4 To Go

This week was the "Recovery Week".  The workouts are set up so that you can get your heart rate up, but you're giving your body a break from the pounding that it took the first 4 weeks of the program.  The daily program is called "Core Cardio & Balance" and you do the same dvd each day.  If you have the extra dvds, you can substitute in "Max Interval Sports Training".  I did the substitution on Thursday (first day of the workout week for me) and after that, I focused on the Core Cardio & Balance instead.  I did like the Sports Training Workout, but I figured at least the first time through Insanity, I'd go with the basic program.

I'll honestly admit that I've been really bad about doing my diet.  Mentally I've been a bit fatigued with everything going on.  Yes, I know that it's no excuse.  I haven't been HORRIBLE about the diet, but I need to get back into really paying attention with what I'm doing and stop eating some of the crap that I have been lately. 

I don't know if it's my being bad with my diet that had an effect on my results or the fact that it wasn't as hard of a workout each day.  Here's my 5th week photo, which overall I'm okay with.  I believe I'm still gaining some tone although my measurement results don't reflect a change from last week.

5th Week Photo

Last Thursday, I also started refereeing for the Fall 2011 season of NVASA.  I will say that I definitely feel in better shape than I have been in a really long time.  I don't feel as exhausted when I've gotten home (after working 2 soccer matches) nor do I feel as sore.  I think I'm running better and I'm definitely not breathing as hard.  So far, I believe Insanity is really working for me.

Tomorrow starts Week 6, which is also the beginning of Max everything.  Where in the first month, the workouts generally range around 40 minutes, to my understanding the Max workouts are closer to 50 to 60 minutes each.  Tomorrow is a Fit Test PLUS the Max Interval Circuit.  Since I don't have soccer matches scheduled, the current plan is to take Fit Test #3 in the morning and then do the Max Interval Circuit in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment