Friday, August 5, 2011

Supplements

Yesterday I had made a Facebook status about how huge and nasty the supplement pills that I'm supposed to take are.  They're like the freaking size of horse pills and there's a bunch that I'm supposed to take multiple times per day.  I was then asked what all I was taking (and yes these were all prescribed by my doctor/certified nutritionist).  So here it goes:

2 pills 3 times per day (pictured- and no I can't tell you off-hand which is what)

Adaptocrine (K2) - for adrenal support
Glysen (K1) - for sugar metabolism support
Opticrene (K3)- for endocrine support
Osteo-Mins PM w/ D - for bone health

A baggie of what I have at my desk- I have to take all of these 3 times per day... I look like a damn junkie or something!




2 pills per week

Vitamin D 25,000


1 scoop once per day in 6 to 8 oz of water

Evac - it's a fiber supplement (and it's disgusting!!)

Okay so that's everything that I'm taking...or at least supposed to take each day (or like the Vitamin D, per week).  Admittedly I haven't taken them as much or as frequently as I'm supposed to.  I still need to work on that.  At the same time, looking at the quantities of each in the bottle, I honestly can't afford to spend an extra $150+ per month/month and a half on supplements.  To be real- that's just not feasible for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment