Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Insanity Day 7 - The Day Off

Admittedly, it feels a bit weird not getting right up and doing my Insanity workout.  I know I know- today is the day to rest and recover and get ready for week 2.  I'm looking forward to getting started on the 2nd week.  Honestly that surprises me just a little bit that I'm THAT much into a workout DVD.  Right now, it's just proving that as amped up as I have been seeing the infomercial time and time again, that it's the one for me.  I figured that aside from just mentioning that this morning, I'd put up my week 1 photo along with the original to see the progression.  I'm not seeing a difference yet as far as the photos go, nor did I expect to. 

Stats:
Chest: 39" (down 1/2")
Stomach: 38 1/2" (down 1/2")
Weight: 191 lbs (up 1 lb- although I believe there are other contributing factors involved...unofficially 190 yesterday)
After 1 week of Insanity
Day 1

4 comments:

  1. Good job Ken!!! Keep it up....and smile in ur photos ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Ken! How big of an area does this stuff take for you to go through it? Also, is Wifey willing to share her thoughts on the program? I cannot imagine myself undertaking something like this, but if she thinks it could work, that is very encouraging to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kelle - thanks :-) I'll smile after 63 days... when the program is over :-)

    @ Deb - So far, she thinks the workouts are killers. She's getting through them the best she can (like me). We've both agreed that some of the exercises you (general) may have to tweak a little bit. For example, some of them, she doesn't necessarily do 100% because she's always had bad/weak ankles... and for me, I'm really not very flexible, so I make adjustments. Shaun T is really awesome with his motivation and really makes it clear for you to do what you can. I'll see if I can get her to post some comments on here about it.

    (Oh, I do know that during the Cardio Recovery, which is day 4, she said she yelled at the tv calling Shaun T a "sadistic mother %#&*er")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost forgot: area-wise it doesn't take up a whole lot of space. You definitely need room to do push-ups and some movement back and forth. We put down some of the interlocking workout mat squares covering about 8' x 4'. That seems to work out well. You might want a little bigger area... Some of the stuff, I do just off the mat, so I use about a 8' x 6' space.

    ReplyDelete