Saturday, July 30, 2011

Insanity Day 3

My body, as it has been lately, woke me up around 3:30 this morning.  Usually I lay there and toss and turn and have random sporatic thoughts going through my head.  This morning was different.  The only thing going on in my head was "alarm is set for 5:00... can't wait to do Insanity".  I was able to get myself to drift off for about another hour and woke up again at 4:30.  Figuring "okay close enough to 5", I started thinking "lets do this", so I got my ass out of bed, got ready and headed out into the living room.

Today was Cardio Power & Resistance.  The good news was that I felt better during the warm ups- so yes, on day 3 I'm already feeling a little bit of an improvement.  The workout itself is intense just like the plyometrics, but of course there are different exercises.  This week has been interesting so far discovering each morning what is on each dvd.  The push-ups are still killing me- I've never been that great with them, but I can see where hopefully I'll be building up over time and hopefully keep pace in the next couple of weeks.  As it has been the last couple of days, the infomercial is right about being soaked in sweat.  Due to my sweatiness, my wife and I bought some exercise mats to put down over the carpet.  I'm sore and I'm tired, but I'm feeling good.  I'm looking forward to day 4.

...and in a big surprise, last night, wifey did the Day 1 Fit Test and is starting to plan to do Insanity Day 2 today...

No comments:

Post a Comment