Friday, July 29, 2011

Insanity Day 2- Plyometric Cardio aka Sports Focused

It's really not called sports-focused, but I found that it was.  There were basketball moves, suicide drills, and football practice moves.  I'm sore.  I pushed myself hard, but in the back of my mind, I feel like I half-assed it only because I was going at a slower pace sometimes.  I'm completely worn out from this morning's plyometrics though.  I've had to remind myself that this is only Day 2 and that I'll get better and work up to being at a faster pace and get through all of the drills and exercises better over time.  I really found that I liked this one though and I can see where it's going to help me out a lot in the near future- flag football season is coming up and I'm in need of improving my speed!

To be completely honest, when my alarm went off at 5 am (before starting Insanity I was getting up at 6:15, but want to knock this out in the morning), I was considering turning it off and staying in bed.  Then I thought, "what are you doing? Its only day 2 and youre thinking that? Get your ass out of bed!! Sean T is waiting for you!".  Yep, I got up, put on my workout clothes and went into the living room to git-r-dun.  I feel really good and awake now too.  I think with getting in shape and committing to doing the work-outs, it's really less about it being physical and SOOO much more about it being mental.

Now looking forward to Day 3 tomorrow morning.  I might actually let myself sleep a little bit and get up at 7 for my workout.  We'll see...maybe I should just stick to the same 5 am schedule....

No comments:

Post a Comment